Quality Inn & Suites Val-d’Or receives Top Honours this spring
The Val-d’Or Quality Inn & Suites has been recognized for its exceptional guest service as a recipient of the prestigious 2013 Platinum Hospitality Award from Canada’s largest hotel franchisor, Choice Hotels Canada.
“The Platinum Award is our highest honour and obtaining one is no easy feat,” says Tim Oldfield, managing director for Choice Hotels Canada. “The winners have all made their guests’ experience a priority. They are industry leaders and we are so proud to have them as part of the Choice Hotels family. ”
To qualify for a Platinum Award, the hotel property had to rank within the top three per cent of more than 300 hotels. The hotels were ranked based on guest surveys and third-party reviews, including brand identity and condition of the establishment. The Val-d’Or Quality Inn & Suites is one of only ten properties in Canada to receive this honour.
“This is such a meaningful award for the shareholders and the hotel,” says the President of the Board of Directors of the hotel, Fernand Trahan. “Providing our guests with a memorable and enjoyable stay is our number one priority and this is the award that speaks to the level of service we continually work to achieve, and I would like to thank all of our employees for their dedication and professionalism in regards to this achievement.”
“I believe that the present success of the hotel proves that the partnership between CREECO and Trahan Holding was a strategic decision” says Darlene Cheechoo, Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the hotel and President of the CREECO. “We, CREECO, are proud of the 2 employees of the hotel and of the success we are experiencing in the hotel industry as a Cree Nation.”
This Award is in addition to the awards, recognition and nominations already received by the hotel;
– “Rookie of the year” and “Spirit of hospitality”, awarded by Choice Hotels Canada in the fall of 2011.
– “Special Jury Prize” awarded at the 2012 Gala of the Chamber of Commerce of Val-d’Or.
– Four nominations at the Regional Tourism Awards (Grands Prix du Tourisme Québécois – Régional).
– Three awards at the 2013 Regional Tourism Awards (Grands Prix du Tourisme Québécois – Régional): Hotel “Accommodation 40 to 199 units”; Alexandre Audet “Relève touristique” (Upcoming Tourism Leader); and Alain Houle “Tourism Employee”.
– Finalist as “Best New Company” at the 2013 Val-d’Or Chamber of Commerce Gala.
– Two nominations at the 2013 Provincial Tourism Awards (Grands Prix du Tourisme Québécois – National): Hotel “Accommodation 40 to 199 units” and Alexandre Audet “Relève touristique” (Upcoming Tourism Leader).
– Rated number 1 hotel in Val-d’Or by Tripadvisor.